Saturday, August 6, 2011

Hello, Old Friends!

Our favorite people came to visit:
Glen, Lori and Norah Cook (Brandon is grown-up now (What?!?) and decided to stay in Little Rock) stopped in on their cross-country move to Seattle.

Although when they first got here they didn't look that perky. They looked more crazed ... like this: 
 And I'm pretty sure it's from having driven for days in this:
 Lori tried to make it seem glorious ...
... (and it actually wasn't nearly as Clampett-esque as they had described, and I had hoped for ... Glen always nices everything up!) ... but I also think she was a little bit delirious!
 Listen, all I know is when we went to Temple Square Norah ran right up to this guy (for help?):
 Although, she really had nothing to complain about. She had a FULL SIZE TV to watch! Check it out:
 Oh, ya, there's the Clampett influence I was looking for!

They only had a few days to visit, so we tried to make the most of it. We went to Kennecott Copper Mine. Norah was trying to avoid the paparazzi:
 I mean, look at Eli trying to stalk her, like she's Lady Gaga (but better dressed):
Is he trying to lick her? Sorry, Norah!  As a side note, he might just be a creepy stalker ...
 ... because he was all over the bus driver, too.
 When we got there Eli tried to impress Norah with some amazing feats of strength:
 ... and then he just flat out started chasing her:
Eli had to show off our new landscaping. He heard the story of how Glen and Lori (as American Gothic) came over and saved our marriage with a pitchfork and some mulch once in Little Rock, and he wanted to tell Lori how he kept everything under control this time!
Overall, Eli loved them as much as we do! XOXO Can't wait to come to Seattle!


1 comment:

  1. Oh Goodness! Do you really think that it wasn't majorly Clampettesque? (Did I spell that right?) We were crazed....still are. It has become the norm for us. Love you guys.

    Lori

    ReplyDelete