But really I can't complain, because when we remodeled our basement we put in a second bathroom. Without a bathtub. I guess I wasn't thinking about how it would work in the time between when Eli still fit in the kitchen sink and the time he could actually take a shower and get clean (vs what he does now, usually after swimming, which is just stand there and giggle and get warm).
Anyhoo ... here's how we worked it out:
We were so, so, so very lucky when we found our contractor, Lloyd (thanks, Russ and Kindie!). When we told him that we were planning to try to use the shower floor as a stop-gap bathtub for Eli, he custom-built this shower stall:
Which was a really nice surprise considering, for the cost, we thought we were getting a prefab!
I found the spray attachment thing in the discount bin at Home Depot. It was less than $15 so I figured it was totally worth a try ...
Mike did a great job installing it, and it works great.
Plus it has an on-off switch at the shower head so Eli never gets cold. Also, Mike really likes showering down there, now. I don't ask.
And most importantly, Eli loves it!

Eli,
ReplyDeleteYou love to take baths! Sometimes I have a hard time getting you out to put you in your jammies!
I love you,
Daddy
How wonderful. An indoor pool just Eli sized. Have fun. gg
ReplyDelete